Wow I haven't updated in a while!Well the time has flown by lately. I am still liking my internship at University Link Magazine. My first stories will be coming out in the March issue, which will be out soon! I have done a lot of cool stuff for the mag.
Celebrity update:
We went to an LA Kings hockey game, and afterward we got to meet one of the players! The game was really fun. The captain Dustin Brown, went to Ithaca High School so our program set it up that we got to talk to him briefly. After talking to us he was off to Vancouver to play on the US hockey team in the olympics! I got to talk to him for a second, and it turns out that we have a mutual friend.

Recently, Jay Leno and his crew were walking around our apartment complex knocking on people's doors! He was filming a few skits about the Oscar nominated movies. He happened to knock on someone's door from the IC program, so we got to be in a skit! Three boys got dressed up in full makeup and body suits to look like characters from Avatar. They filmed in the boys'
apartment, and it was supposed to be a party scene. So you can see me in the background for a second. Jay Leno was hanging out with us in the apartment for a few minutes before filming!! Watch the clip here: Me on Jay Leno!

Today my roommate and I went to The Grove for the first time, an outdoor mall with a farmer's market nearby. It was really pretty, and had a range of stores. When we walked in, I glanced to the right and saw a celebrity! Jane Lynch was leaving a restaurant! It was very weird to see her just hanging out in public.

Tomorrow, my roommate and I are going to a taping of Oprah. She is having a special "after
Oscars" show and will be interviewing celebrities. We have to be there around 6 a.m. though, so it's going to be a long day!!
That's all for now. I will be ome in two months, and I have to admit I'm pretty excited to see everyone. The weather is pretty nice here though :)
Love to the east coast,
Laura

No comments:
Post a Comment