
The first is not breaking news- but still interesting. This short article caught my eye on Slate.com. It's a brief history of how the White House's interior has been changed by past presidents. Something you don't usually think about, but fun to know. I thought they might be joking when I read "George W. and Laura Bush were allocated $100,000 for the president's second term" for re-decorating. That's a lot of money!
The second is an article about how scientists are looking to recreate a woolly mammoth using DNA from 65,000 years ago. The article goes on to say how now scientists may next be looking to recreate Neanderthals--"an ancient human species". The author quotes various sources with differing opinions on the subject- and refers to the fact that this is a scary situation because Neanderthals are closer to us than anything else.
I like Slate.com because the articles are short and interesting, and they usually have a little bit of a funny bias in their headlines. It is a breath of fresh air compared to sites like CNN.com or The New York Times online.

No comments:
Post a Comment