
Marie Claire, Elle, Vogue, Glamour, Allure, Seventeen, Teen Vogue, Cosmopolitan, Martha Stewart Living. These publications are what I read. After checking out posts of my classmates, I realized it might be time to look in a new direction. So where did I go? The Fashion and Style section of The New York Times online. :-) Although I see that I need to start reading more straight news articles about politics, business and world affairs, I thought for my first real post, I'd start with something I felt more comfortable with. As someone not used to reading The NY Times, I had anticipated something scary almost! I was thrilled to find a "feature-type" story called "My First Son, a Pure Memory" about one man's experience with a failed pregnancy. I love to read about ordinary people's lives and how they live, especially if it's written well. This short article allows a brief look into a piece of the author's life, no politics, no business, no world affairs. I am eager to explore this "newspaper giant" further, and I hope you find the article as interesting as I did.

No comments:
Post a Comment